Cloud Computing Brief Information
An increasing number of organizations worldwide are relying on cloud computing to reduce their cost of operations and also to increase their overall productivity. Cloud computing, if approached correctly, can be beneficial to any type of business, irrespective of whether it’s small scale, medium scale or a large scale setup. Initially though, migrating to cloud services might seem like an expensive move for any organisation. However, in the long run, it will prove to be the best move to accelerate one’s business in addition to optimizing costs.
Experts in the industry swear by cloud computing and firmly believe that the trend of opting for cloud services will only continue to grow and scale up in the coming few years. To fully understand the advantages of opting for cloud services, we must understand the different premises of operation of the technology first.
- Online File Storage - There are numerous file-sharing and file-hosting services that cloud computing has enabled in recent times. Google Docs, DropBox and MediaFire are a few examples of such services.
- Software as a Service (SaaS) - Software integrated with social, mobile and analytical capabilities, operating on cloud, are made accessible to users. A set of applications, already created and hosted on the cloud are ready to be used at all times.
- Platform as a Service (PaaS) - PaaS is a model where you have an environment setup that allows one to rent virtualized servers and associated servers. This service allows the user to run applications. The existing applications can be tested or developed further, depending on the user’s requirement.
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) - IaaS is a provision model that provides its user a virtual infrastructure to work with. Data storage space, networking components, hardware and servers are a few examples of virtualization on cloud computing.
- Analytics as a Service (AaaS) - AaaS is a cloud based analytics framework that allows the client to analyse big data on the fly to understand patterns and make business predictions. Since it is cloud based it is scalable and cost effective.
Advantages Of Migrating To Cloud Based Operations
Having looked at the different premises enabled by cloud computing, we can now look at the set of advantages of migrating to cloud based operations.
- Accessible by all: Cloud based offerings can be easily accessed by everyone at any given point of time, from anywhere as long as they are connected to the Internet.
- No Capital Expenditure: To use cloud based services for your organization, you need not invest into expensive hardware or enterprise solutions. You can simply plug and play after opening your account with a cloud based service provider depending on your requirements.
- Cost Effective: Cloud based services, along with minimizing capital expenditure, reduce cost of operation as it is available on demand and you pay-as-you-go.
- High Scalability: As your volume of work increases, you can easily request additional computing power and storage space as per your immediate requirements! You can avail these extensions of service by a simple click of a button.
- Compatibility with popular software: Automatic integration of popular programming languages and software is a feature provided by most cloud based service providers which also allows you to customize these according to your business needs.
- Backup and Recovery: Most cloud based services create multiple copies of your data, making data recovery easy in case of unforeseen data loss or corruption.