Cloud Computing 101: Benefits of Moving to the Cloud
Many businesses today use cloud-based software and apps instead of investing in expensive software and upgrades. The cloud now allows people access to their applications and data from any connected device. Businesses have found that using a cloud provider helps their company increase efficiency and improve their cash flow.
5 Reasons Why Your Company Should Move To The Cloud
- Increased Flexibility: A cloud service provider can increase a company’s bandwidth when needed. If your bandwidth demand suddenly increases the service provider uses other remote servers to meet your needs.
- Faster Disaster Recovery: Cloud-based service providers have an excellent disaster recovery plan for businesses. The recovery service decreases the recovery time a company experiences from a disaster. In-house disaster recovery plans take longer to rebuild a network server than a cloud based recovery plan.
- Lower Network Server Update Costs: A company can spend an average of 15 to 18 days each month updating their network server software, applications, and security. However, with a cloud-based service provider, a company no longer looses valuable man hours. The service provider maintains the servers, updates the security, and provides the latest software updates for their customers.
- Lowers Data Security Risks: Considering how many laptops, tablets, and smartphones are stolen each year your company’s data security is at risk. However, if your company stores all their critical data on the cloud this lowers your security risks and data loss.
- Document Collaboration: Documents stored in the cloud can easily be accessed by any member of your team. Therefore, anyone can access and update information in real-time. There’s no need to waste days sending documents as an email attachment. This increases a company’s production and the time it takes to complete a project.
The cloud has made it possible for smaller businesses to save a substantial amount of revenue each month on software and network server maintenance. Companies have easier access to their data, the latest software, and data security for lost or stolen devices. It only makes sense that all small to medium-sized business migrate to the cloud. Your company will increase your productivity, lower your software cost, and benefit from flexible network bandwidth.