Tricks to Enhance Your VoIP Performance
Today many businesses, whether large or small, use Voice over Internet Protocol rather than conventional phones. This increase in the use of VoIP can be attributed to the many benefits offered by a VoIP system. These benefits range from visible cost savings, ability to use it in remote places, as well as complex features. Another major aspect is the flexibility that VoIP offers to the business that implements it. What actually is a VoIP? It is a new technology that helps one communicate with great ease.
Since businesses are perpetually trying to experiment and find ways to optimize their resources, I decided to share some quick tricks that will help different businesses enhance the performance of their VoIP.
Here are three ways you can enhance the performance of your VoIP:
1. Use Voice and Data on the Same Network: There are different kinds of VoIP available in the market; however, a single VoIP network that can handle both voice and data is the wisest choice. This is because a VoIP working on two separate networks requires both higher setup as well as running costs. Whereas having a single VoIP network ensures a reliable connection for both the data and voice media.
It is advisable to have a single VoIP network because it will help in developing future business communication solutions that could require both the media simultaneously for a holistic communication experience. Think of it this way, if you have a system that can handle data, voice, as well as video, you will be in a better position to face future communication experiences.
Here are a few questions you should ask your provider before you make your decision, these will help you enhance the performance of your VoIP:
- Will I be able to expand when needed?
- Will I have enough bandwidth to cover voice as well data?
- Will I be able to modify the network when needed?
2. Organize Your Router QoS (Quality of Service) for Voice Priority: One simple way to improve the quality of your calls is to set the QoS (Quality of Service) on your router in such a way that the priority of data in the network is given to voice. This ensures that your calls are clear while the other applications will take second priority when you are on a call. This will result in better data flow and better overall connection quality.
3. Manage Staff Training: Irrespective of how you configure and organize your VoIP, its performance still depends on the staff that uses it. Many businesses simply hand their employees a small instruction manual and walk them through basic calling procedures, which is a big mistake. You have to take the time to educate your employees on how to use VoIP in the most effective manner.
This will help them face problems on-the-go. So use VoIP to create a memorable customer experience by enhancing its performance with these easy tips!
Photograph Courtesy: Flickr.